Evidently I missed something, because I thought that part was included. In my setup, it evens happens automatically when I vc-next-action and the vc-log buffer appears. I'm away from my computer now, doesn't it work for you like this in emacs -Q? João On Wed, Jul 25, 2018, 20:10 Stefan Monnier wrote: > > New option to make 'C-x 4 a' use file-less ChangeLog buffers > > Seems to work OK here, but `C-c C-a` in the *vc-log* buffer doesn't > seem to know how to get the message from those new buffers. > Do you have a corresponding patch for that in the works? > > > Stefan >