Yes, and I'll probably do that. But in my experience, this has a very high probability of burying the problem, i.e. the incentive for actually fixing the problem is reduced dramatically. It's better to do test-breaking things on separate branches when possible. IMO expected failures are for when a feature is being designed and still incomplete, not when it was already working. João On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 16:18 Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: João Távora > > Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 14:24:39 +0100 > > Cc: Glenn Morris , Emacs developers , > > Tino Calancha > > > > > Yes. But it is the master branch, where not everything can be expected > > > to work all the time. I think the main thing is, we're _going_ to fix > > > this bug. > > > > Well, I respectfully and totally disagree. The reason we have automated > > tests in Hydra is to catch unintentional breakage, not intentional > > breakage. And, IIUC that test is the only one preventing a successful > > "make check". > > Isn't there a way to mark a test as expected to fail? >