On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 09:34 martin rudalics wrote: > I do not like, for example, that inserting a quotation mark somewhere > into a Lisp buffer, with some delay repaints the entire rest of the > buffer just to undo that when I insert the closing quotation mark. > Since recently, that shouldn't happen anymore unless you wait a relatively long time. That time is configurable. Search for "antiblink". I added the feature and am interested in knowing if it's not performing as it should. Alternatively, you can also try a parenthesis pairing solution such as electric-pair-mode. João > >