On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 2:40 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > João Távora writes: > > > I'm in favor of tweaking the heuristic and applying it only to macro > > definitions, which are (or should be) the majority of definition > > creating forms. > > In-tree, there are more 2x as many macros that are called def* than > functions, and of those functions, about half of them really wants to > have (indent defun). (And most of the macros, but not all.) > > So the macro/function thing is significant, but not compelling. I'm sorry I couldn't parse this. I sense you're trying to make some kind of argument backed by statistics, but I cannot understand it. Can you explain again in some more detail, for my benefit?. Maybe with a short example for each of the classes you mentioned. And in-tree counts for each of those classes. Thanks, João