On Sat, Sep 4, 2021, 09:03 Daniel Fleischer wrote: > Starting simple, with the following four... Thank you for this indexing effort. 2. Do we also install popular and relevant Elpa packages as part of the > profile setup or do we cross the line at variable setting? what about > keybindings? > Yes. I think we want the list to be more ambitious. For now, it'd be nice to see, at a glance, what we would ideally like to configure via profile. Then we can narrow down to what we are realistically and practically capable of doing. And, in any case, no one profile is obliged to set all the things that it can set. I think the separation into categories is very good. E.g. If there is an "external package" category, it is easier to tell if a particular profile installs packages, i.e potentially needs internet. A "global kebinds" category is probably also warranted. cua-mode should fall into that, I think. Viper-mode would also. Curiously, evil-mode would fall into both "external package" and "keybindings". Maybe we need tags... João