On Mon, Jun 11, 2018, 03:38 Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Noam Postavsky > > Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 19:54:58 -0400 > > Cc: Glenn Morris > > > > When M-x gitmerge hits a conflict, it shows a window with the message: > > > > Resolve the conflicts manually, then run gitmerge again. > > Note: > > - You don't have to add resolved files or commit the merge > yourself (but you can). > > - You can safely close this Emacs session and do this in a new one. > > - When running gitmerge again, remember that you must do that from > within the Emacs repo. > > > > The first note is either wrong, or I'm misunderstanding it. If I don't > > 'git add' the resolved files and commit the merge, then trying to run > > M-x gitmerge again fails with (user-error "Repository is not clean"). > > I was under the impression that resolving conflicts and saving the > modified files automatically runs "git add" on the files. > It does. Sometimes, but not always. I've never figured out the conditions that lead to each situation. I'm not using M-x gitmerge btw, just regular smerge. João