On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Stefan Monnier wrote: > Remove `log-edit-show-files` from `log-edit-hook`. Oh, that works perfectly! Thanks. > [ Yes, non-nil default values for non-preloaded hooks are evil. > I confess to doing it, but I plead insanity. ] Why evil? How else would you arrange to have this default behaviour? Not that I agree with this particular one: I think log-edit-show-files does more harm than good, and should be out of the default value (maybe mentioned in the docstring). But that's another discussion. João