On Fri, Sep 3, 2021, 13:34 Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen , "Philip K." >, > > Daniel Fleischer , Richard Stallman , > > emacs-devel , Stefan Monnier > > , Eli Zaretskii , > > John Yates > > From: Dmitry Gutov > > Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:14:20 +0300 > > > > On 03.09.2021 15:11, João Távora wrote: > > > - default, the default > > > - space-hippie, or space-pinhead, a reference to spacemacs and to > Emacs' > > > hidden 70s origins > > > - doctor-doom, likewise for doom emacs, couldn't find anything > > > particularly clever here, sorry. > > Spacemacs and Doom don't differ that much between themselves either, not > > in basic behaviors. > > Then maybe we need just one profile, not 2. > Fine with me. I've never really used either of those, just know that they are demonstrably popular sets of settings (unlike many others which are fallaciously presented here as self-evidently popular). But if those two are similar enough in the set of options that we are willing or capable to make configurable via profiles, then one single profile for them it should be. The profile's name (or description) should however reflect the proximity to these popular distributions. I believe this familiarity hint goes some way into convincing users. João >