On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 4:40 AM Po Lu wrote: > Yuan Fu writes: > > > I was saying we can’t use ts as a prefix, but I agree with the idea of > > using a shorter prefix. > > But you can have the cake and eat it too, by making `ts' (or some other > short prefix) a shorthand for `tree-sitter' in the files where you want > to use it. Exactly. And just to highlight this fact: shorthands are per-file. In one file `tree-sitter-foo` can be shothanded to `ts-foo` but not in others. If the relevant files are in Emacs core and some official policy states that no shorthands should be used in versioned files there, then maybe your typing/reading aches can still be somewhat solved by temporarily using the shorthand in your file, reading and writing `ts-foo` wherever you like (knowing it will be interned `tree-sitter-foo`) and then renaming everything to `tree-sitter-` before committing. Personally, I think I'd do this at least in test/scratch files that exercise the API or in non-core packages. João