On Sat, Nov 26, 2022, 13:34 Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 26/11/22 11:23, João Távora wrote: > > Dmitry Gutov writes: > > > . > > Previously you said: > > > Fwiw, Danny's tip is what I used at a recent day job gig for defining > subprojects in a 400k files repo. > > where Danny's snippet looked like: > > (defun project-find-project.el (dir) > "Returns a `manual-project' instance if the project of the current > DIR has a .project.el file in its root directory." > (let ((root (locate-dominating-file dir ".project.el"))) > (when root > (cons 'transient root)))) > > (add-hook 'project-find-functions #'project-find-project.el) > > ...but you didn't use marker files? Or you don't want to use them > anymore? I'm really confused here. > Don't be confused, this is not hard. I used code similar to Danny's, meaning i used a similar function that uses eglot-lsp-context (which you omitted) but it uses simply path names. I can't use marker files in that large project nor do I want or need to. I don't have a way to choose the subject of project operations, hence all this discussion. João >