Hopefully I'm not too late in adding my voice to those who want to keep the traditional `style' in lisp comments, too. I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but besides being font-locked, it's autopaired by default in elisp-mode with electric-pair-mode, which is nice, IMO. João On Fri, Sep 17, 2021, 14:08 Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 17.09.2021 15:09, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> Cc: rms@gnu.org, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, stefan@marxist.se, > >> juri@linkov.net, rudalics@gmx.at, larsi@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org > >> From: Dmitry Gutov > >> Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:25:31 +0300 > >> > >>> How many are "en masse"? We have less than a dozen people claiming > >>> they want `..' back, that's hardly a "masse" in my book. > >> > >> I don't see anybody concur with your stance in this particular > >> discussion, and if you search the old one, I think it was mostly Paul > >> (?), and even he was really arguing toward something different, in a > >> different context as well (plain text files). > > > > It doesn't matter. This is a decision we already made, so just saying > > you don't like it is not good enough. We need a much stronger reason > > to reverse previous decisions. > > The cost of backtracking is low, so yes, if people even simply say "we > don't like it", it should be changed. > > I've listed particular reasons as well, but what does it matter: you > ignore those parts of messages. > > >>> This one isn't, because we have been using it for many moons now. > >>> Some of it is practically impossible to undo, because it's in Git > >>> commit log messages. > >> > >> Again, look at this discussion: nobody is disputing the format of log > >> messages. > > > > Not true. > > Nobody in *this discussion*. People being casually careless is nothing > new, OTOH. > > > If you look at the commit log messages, even the latest > > ones done today, you will see that almost everyone disputes that part. > > This is orthogonal to this discussion. Please don't derail it. > >