As far as I know, you are not using autogen at all in any way. So having an autogen directory makes no sense whatever. On Saturday, October 26, 2013, Glenn Morris wrote: > > We added the autogen/ directory ~ 2.5 years ago, when we stopped keeping > configure (at top-level) in the repository. I run a daily cron job that > keeps autogen/configure etc updated. > > This requires no effort, but I think it has become pointless, basically > just making noise commits. > > The main motivations for adding it, as I see it, were: > > 1) The developers on MS Windows needed to see any updates for > src/config.h (new defines etc) that might need to be copied to > nt/config.nt, and did not want to want have to run autoconf themselves. > > 2) People who wanted to build Emacs from bzr on POSIX platforms but were > for some reason unable to install (sufficiently recent) autoconf/automake. > > > Point 1) no longer applies. Bzr Emacs on MS Windows now requires > autotools, and nt/config.nt is no longer being updated. > > Point 2) has never been very convincing IMO. It is very easy to install > autotools. The autogen/copy_autogen alternative is not 100% reliable. > > The MS-DOS port is not a relevant factor AFAICS, because no-one builds > it from bzr, and when building from release tarfiles there's no need to > run autotools. If necessary, I could keep just autogen/config.in and > whatever MS-DOS needs (not configure). > > > I'd keep the part of the cron job that updates loaddefs files (which > does not happen nearly so often), and stop doing the autotools part. > > Any opinions? > >