Agreed. The basic bits of functionality are latent in vc. Or, put another way, timemachine is mostly a ui optimization. That said, that optimization can be significant when looking for a revision, if the subject code has been heavily edited. On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 3:18 PM Juri Linkov wrote: > > That said, vc-annotate is a jarring presentation. As I browse through > > different revisions I want the major mode to remain that of the original > > (non-annotated) file. I want syntax-based highlighting, lsp support, > etc. > > This looks rather like the Log-View buffer where revisions are navigated > with `n' and `p', and visited with `f' (log-view-find-revision). > -- John Yates 505 Tremont St, #803 Boston, MA 02116