I grant you that these capabilities are present in a vc-annotate buffer. That said, vc-annotate is a jarring presentation. As I browse through different revisions I want the major mode to remain that of the original (non-annotated) file. I want syntax-based highlighting, lsp support, etc. On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 6:29 PM Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 16.10.2022 14:49, John Yates wrote: > > My druthers would be for a vc-browse command that pops a new buffer > > containing the most recently committed revision of the subject file. > > It would support operations similar to git-timemachine: > > * vc-browse-show-previous > > * vc-browse-show-next > > > > git-timemachine style refinements could include: > > * vc-browse-show-commit > > * vc-browse-show-annotation > > * vc-browsw-goto-earlier-commit (regex search) > > Is vc-annotate missing much of these features? > > The navigation is there (n, p, d, l, a), the panel is togglable. I > suppose we could tune the colors and/or the absence of font-lock. > -- John Yates 505 Tremont St, #803 Boston, MA 02116