On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 4:23 PM H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote: > > Corwin Brust writes: > > > On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 3:32 PM H. Dieter Wilhelm > > wrote: > >> > >> > >> libXpm-noX4.dll > >> > Stange, the ugly logo didn't occurred to me with Emacs from your > installer? It's pretty obvious here, but maybe because I have an unusually colored background in my default theme: the lack of transparency for the image on the splash page is pretty unsightly. But maybe I'm overreacting. See attached. > > (And Phil mentioned this dependency explicitly in > admin/nt/dist-build/README-scripts.) > I seem to have missed that. Thanks, indeed. > > > > Do you want to patch the documentation while I further mangle Phillips scripts? > > > > PS, not intending to side track the "simpler path" conversation you > > are having with Eli, here, but I do think we should carry what we > > learn back to the scripts that appear to do the job now. In all > > events, I suspect jannsson and harbuzz should be documented in > > README.W32 in *some* fashion. > > It would be good if you document your changes and when I'm ready I can > proofread them. Sure, I'll get to it then. I'll file a bug and CC you in expressly when I have a patch. > > I don't see your files on > https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-28/ > > didn't the GNU administration respond to your request yet? I'm awaiting confirmation that I've done the needful (correctly) and that my upload permissions are in place.