Ahoy Dieter! On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 6:45 AM H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote: > > I realised that ntldd.exe doesn't show any msys/mingw dependencies at > all, only Windows stuff! -> So I removed all Windows references from > PATH. (Don't ask me why ntldd searches Windows paths first.) > > Then, it seem's, that the msys/mingw people changed the tree layout of > their files! When I'm changing "msys64" with "mingw64" in > build-dep-zips.py: [snip] > ## if len(splt) > 2 and "msys64" in splt[2]: > if len(splt) > 2 and "mingw64" in splt[2]: With this, we are much closer. New set is uploaded to the with-native-compilation folder in the usual Not Sure If We Are Ready For Prime Time location[1]. This version has 62 DLLs as were listed in the txt file attached to my recent reply to to Phil in this same thread. I still need to review those against the 77 you reported from 27.2 but that's not going to be tonight. Meanwhile, I tested these (using the zip with deps version) on kiddos gaming rig and verified that the tests from w32-feature pass, package-refresh-package works, and various types of image load. I also checked with ProcessExplorer that I'm not loading DLLs except those provided with the dist and those under some windows/system path. As an interesting aside: I see that it *is* loading the natively compiled sources that were build and packaged with Emacs. This is despite getting a nil return from `native-comp-avialable-p', which suggests that even people without a local libgccjit+gcc (e.g. a working MSYS) can benefit from (the bundled) nativly compiled sources we distribute. [[stroking chin myscheviously]] Please let me know if you think these are ready to push to alpha. Attached are dffs for admin/nt/dist-build thus far. [1] https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/emacs-w64