On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 4:56 PM H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote: > Corwin Brust writes: > > On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 1:12 AM H. Dieter Wilhelm > > wrote: > >> Corwin Brust writes: > I'm sorry to say but the problem with the missing libgmp-10.dll remains > also in your installer. I found myself up triaging some things for another project I support, so kicked off a new build. These include pushes to the emacs-28 branch though today up to approximately 10pm US/Central. I think these new versions may do the trick. A patch-set is attached for changes to the admin/nt/build-*zips* scripts. You will see that I'm still building without -static; I haven't had a chance to dig into that yet. https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/emacs-w64/tree/master/item/with-native-compilation Would you be able to try again with this version of emacs-28.0.91-installer.exe? In fact, all of the packages in the linked folder should work now AFAIK. > >> Please tell me if the uninstaller can remove all remnants of an Emacs > >> installation, or do I have to clean some parts of the registry or > >> whatever? > > > > If we find it isn't removing something it creates I think we should > > open bug-reports for that specifically. > > Some minor observiations: > > 1. The uninstaller isn't removing a link to runemacs.exe. I think this should get a bug report (assuming it's still happening with the above-linked versions). > 2. The installer has the Gnu(s)-Emacs image aspect ratio rather > distorted. This feels like a lower priority but maybe it too should be tracked with a separate bug report? > 3. The installer default is "c:\Program Files\Emacs" I think it would be > cleaner when the installation tree includes the version number. I see you are already discussing this one with Eli; I'll leave it to the two of you as Eli's thoughts appear to echo my own here.