Are there any known issues with Ofast? On Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 21:56 Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: "otadmor ." > > Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 21:46:48 +0300 > > Cc: Uwe Brauer , emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > When compiling emacs for daily use is it better to compile with -O? Or > without -O at all? > > Which optimization level is suggested? > > Using -O0 produces a binary that's slower, but if it crashes or you > need to debug it, the information you can report is more full and > reliable. Letting the build use the default optimization produces a > faster program, but it's harder to debug. > > What to do is up to you. I debug the development version of Emacs > quite a lot, so I always build the development snapshots with -O0. >