* The state of PHP support in Semantic?
@ 2014-04-04  6:33 Danil Orlov
From: Danil Orlov @ 2014-04-04  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I just want to understand, does Semantic supports PHP or not? By
supporting I mean providing symbol tables for thing like
company-mode. I've found /contrib/wisent-php.el file, which seems must
respond on php support, but it was not updated since 2010.

I've even tried to fix something in that file last year

http://sourceforge.net/p/cedet/mailman/message/30906510/

to make it work with semantic, but I didn't understand than what I'm doing.

So what's wrong with php?

* Re: The state of PHP support in Semantic?
@ 2014-04-04  7:45 ` steckerhalter
From: steckerhalter @ 2014-04-04  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danil Orlov; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I just want to understand, does Semantic supports PHP or not?

I had it setup with with wisent-php. It does work but it cannot handle the
syntax of newer versions of PHP. Also what it deduced from the file seemed
to pretty little. It's not really usable in the current state IMO. So
unless someone picks it up and puts work into it: the state is bad.

cheers,
steckerhalter

@ 2014-04-05  2:30   ` Eric M. Ludlam
From: Eric M. Ludlam @ 2014-04-05  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steckerhalter; +Cc: Danil Orlov, emacs-devel

On 04/04/2014 03:45 AM, steckerhalter wrote:
>  > I just want to understand, does Semantic supports PHP or not?
>
> I had it setup with with wisent-php. It does work but it cannot handle
> the syntax of newer versions of PHP. Also what it deduced from the file
> seemed to pretty little. It's not really usable in the current state
> IMO. So unless someone picks it up and puts work into it: the state is bad.

If someone is interested in providing PHP support, please understand
that the code in contrib/wisent-php was written by someone who did not
want it attributed to them, and could not sign papers for it.  That is
why it is in the CEDET "contrib" area where I've kept such software
separate.

In order to add php support to Semantic, etc it is better to start from
scratch so it can be properly integrated into Emacs.

Thanks
Eric