On the help emacs list Stefan made some elisp suggestions for the apl mode. Since its about nitty-gritties of elisp I think this may be the more suitable list. So heres some code to input apl. (attached) Currently there is no major-mode stuff. Just in any mode if you run this (and you have a scroll-lock key working) then scroll-lock behaves like a toggle for an apl keyboard. [If scroll-lock is not there as on laptops, you will need to pick some other key and change that line] If there is something fundamentally wrong with this line please let me know