* How to get column number relative to the beginning of a screen line?
@ 2014-01-14 17:59 Darren Hoo
From: Darren Hoo @ 2014-01-14 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

if a line wrap or truncation happens how can I get the column number
relative to the beginning of the line displayed? for example:

This is a a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog line
start of the continuation <!> line

If point stays at <!>, some function `current-screen-column' should
return the relative column number to "start".

Is there any function available like count-screen-lines does but
calculates column number?

* Re: How to get column number relative to the beginning of a screen line?
@ 2014-01-14 18:55 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-01-14 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hoo; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Darren Hoo <darren.hoo@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 01:59:32 +0800
>
> if a line wrap or truncation happens how can I get the column number
> relative to the beginning of the line displayed? for example:

> This is a a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog line
> start of the continuation <!> line
>
> If point stays at <!>, some function `current-screen-column' should
> return the relative column number to "start".

I think you want posn-at-point.

* Re: How to get column number relative to the beginning of a screen line?
@ 2014-01-14 19:24   ` Darren Hoo
From: Darren Hoo @ 2014-01-14 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel