Yes, I mean make it an empty string. I'll send an updated patch. Michael, is there still another issue I should solve if I make that change? Thanks for all your help trying to get this figured out! On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 10:22:39 -0800 > > From: Pete Williamson > > Cc: Michal Nazarewicz , emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > So to solve my porting problem for NaCl, would it be best if I just did a > > system check for NaCl, and if it is the current system, then clear the > > "init-file-user" string? > > If by "clear" you mean make it an empty string, then yes, I think > that's what you should do. >