On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Jan Djärv wrote: > > > Paul Michael Reilly skrev 2011-07-24 07:16: > > I am struggling trying to get -ljpeg support on Mac OS X (Lion). I can >> build >> Emacs without graphics support just fine using XCode4 support but I would >> now >> like to add some of the helpful additions that come with graphics and >> image >> support. My first attempt was to use MacPorts and install the jpeg >> package. >> I moved the jpeg include and lib files into /usr/include and /usr/lib but >> configure still fails to detect jpeg support. Before I try to grok the >> autoconf script I am curious to know what approach is used by those who do >> build on and for Mac OS X hardware to achieve graphics and image support. >> >> > If you configure --with-ns, Emacs displays images just fine without -ljpeg. > It uses other API:s. Did you try opening a jpeg file? > I did not. And imagine my chagrin when I did and discovered that you are right! :-) Very nice indeed. Is this generally true, that Emacs built on OS X will provide the same functionality as, say, Linux, but without external libraries being installed? Thanks, -pmr