On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 9:38 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I think the command that goes to the firs leaf backwards should be > bound to C-M-u, not C-M-a. I think C-M-u is doing what I would expect, although it is currently moving point to "{" instead of the beginning of the function definition (in . But I like the idea of using C-M-u/C-M-d to move outwards and inwards. And maybe we can use C-M-a/C-M-e for horizontal tree movements across sibling functions, or upwards when the current level does not have sibling functions. > Or maybe we should have an entirely new key binding for these > fine-tuned movements. > That might be needed as C-M-u/C-M-d moves across a class of "list-defining" characters (e.g. "{" , "(", and "["). -- João Paulo L. de Carvalho Ph.D Computer Science | IC-UNICAMP | Campinas , SP - Brazil Postdoctoral Research Fellow | University of Alberta | Edmonton, AB - Canada joao.carvalho@ic.unicamp.br joao.carvalho@ualberta.ca