On Sat, Nov 12, 2022 at 11:23 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: João Paulo Labegalini de Carvalho > > Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:04:26 -0700 > > Cc: Eli Zaretskii , emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > I see. This is tree-sitter-bash’s problem. When there are only newlines > between two EOF’s, the parser > > erroneously marks everything that follows as heredoc_body. I tried > tree-sitter’s online demo and it gives > > the same result[1]. We should report this to tree-sitter-bash’s author. > > > > Sorry for the delay. I confirmed the problem was in the tree-sitter-bash > side and submitted a PR to fix it: > > https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-bash/pull/137 > > Once my fixes are pulled in, there is no change required to my patch. > > Do we need to wait for their fix, or can we have code that will start > working correctly when they fix the parser? > My PR to tree-sitter-bash fixing the issue with heredocs just landed. Now the changes that we merged with the great help of Yuan will fontify heredocs correctly with no changes to sh-script.el. https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-bash/pull/137 I hope to soon find some time to work on adding indentation, imenu, and more tree-sitter-based features to sh-mode. -- João Paulo L. de Carvalho Ph.D Computer Science | IC-UNICAMP | Campinas , SP - Brazil Postdoctoral Research Fellow | University of Alberta | Edmonton, AB - Canada joao.carvalho@ic.unicamp.br joao.carvalho@ualberta.ca