I found some minor issues and misspellings on the docstring. Here is an updated version of the patch. On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 6:12 PM João Paulo Labegalini de Carvalho < jaopaulolc@gmail.com> wrote: > > > On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 4:50 PM Stefan Monnier > wrote: > >> > However, with negative arguments that does not happen, as >> > `sh-mode--treesit-beginning-of-defun' moves point to (beginning of) the >> > closest sibling function (after point) and >> > `sh-mode--treesit-end-of-defun' moves >> > point to (end of) the closest sibling function (before point). In this >> > case, the selected functions to which point move to are not the same. >> >> Please read the docstring of `end-of-defun-function`, because I suspect >> that you are confused about what it's supposed to do. E.g. it's not >> supposed to "move point to (end of) the closest sibling function", so >> I think you'll need to set it to a different function than >> `sh-mode--treesit-end-of-defun`. >> > > Indeed. I was trying to impose the behavior I desired to achieve instead > of the intended use. I corrected that in my patch. > > Looking forward to comments and suggestions for the patch. > > -- > João Paulo L. de Carvalho > Ph.D Computer Science | IC-UNICAMP | Campinas , SP - Brazil > Postdoctoral Research Fellow | University of Alberta | Edmonton, AB - > Canada > joao.carvalho@ic.unicamp.br > joao.carvalho@ualberta.ca > -- João Paulo L. de Carvalho Ph.D Computer Science | IC-UNICAMP | Campinas , SP - Brazil Postdoctoral Research Fellow | University of Alberta | Edmonton, AB - Canada joao.carvalho@ic.unicamp.br joao.carvalho@ualberta.ca