On the "Copyright (C) 2014 Johan Andersson", are you suggesting I change the copyright notice in ert-async.el myself, or that I should contact the author and tell him to change it? In either case that seems inappropriate. context-coloring/languages/javascript/libraries/ also includes 3 JavaScript libraries with their own copyright notices. These appear to be licensed under the FreeBSD license. Should they be handled specially? Regards, Jackson On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > which included 247 commits. I am not sure if these should be squashed, > but > > based on the commit log it seems like this subtree approach is how other > > people are managing their externally-maintained packages, so I assume it > is > > okay to add the whole history. > > Indeed, it's OK to keep the history. > > > On top of that, I added 2 patches so that I could test ELPA locally. I > was > > able to install my package via a "local-elpa" as described in the README. > > The patches for that are attached in this email. > > I think the hydra-test.el has been fixed by someone else in the > mean time. As for your change: > > > +./context-coloring/libraries/ert-async.el:;; Copyright (C) 2014 Johan > Andersson > > I think this change is incorrect. IIUC this is johan.rejeep@gmail.com > we're talking bout, and he signed the copyright assignment forms, so > the line in ert-async.el should say "Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software > Foundation, Inc" (at which point you won't need any change to > copyright_exceptions). > > > Stefan >