On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 9:17 AM Po Lu wrote: > > Hongyi Zhao writes: > > > On Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, when I try to compile Emacs from its git master > > source code, it will always hint me to set postfix corresponding > > settings. I don't use postfix as the mail server, and want to disable > > the postfix corresponding settings when compiling Emacs. How to > > achieve this? > > I don't think the Emacs build process mandates any mail server in > particular. Could you elaborate further, with respect to the annoying > behaviour you are experiencing? Thanks. You're right. The annoying behavior is not triggered by the Emacs compilation progress itself, but by the following command which is used to install the dependencies on Debian derivative OSes: $ sudo apt -y build-dep emacs See the attached file for the screenshot shown on my machine. But I still don't know how to disable this behavior when using the above command. Best, Hongyi