Hello, Following our discussion about namespace I think it's time to start with something concrete where most people are agreeing already. I started an issue at https://github.com/magnars/s.el/issues/136 asking the author how he feels about inclusion/importing into Emacs. Past experiences showed me that inclusion of such public library is always complicated due to copyright assignments, but I believe we can skip that painful part as explained later on. I propose the following plan: 1. Check wether there are existing emacs `*-string-* functions that'd be aliased to start with `string-` and make a patch for that. That is, already unify the existing Emacs string library if needed. 2. Decide of a set of function that we'd "import" from s.el and namespace them under the `string-` namespace. For example, `s-prepend` would become `string-prepend`. Maybe that can be the whole API of s.el but probably that some will object to that while agreeing on a smaller set. 3. Decide how we import these, either by copyright assignments or by importing the function signature and "simply" reimplementing these. Their implementation is usually trivial. On a side note, I'm curious about 3: given the code is already GPL v3, are we allowed to simply implement the Emacs string-* function using s.el? or copy-paste from it? WARNING I know this is a very touchy subject and my goal is not to offend anyone, especially not the author of this wonderful library, I am just genuinely curious of what is allowed and what is not in this case. I'd not like to do that without the author consent. Kind regards, Philippe