* Document `&key'
@ 2016-05-09 19:49 Paul Pogonyshev
From: Paul Pogonyshev @ 2016-05-09 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I stumbled upon the following function definition in a help buffer:

    (should-error FORM &rest KEYS &key TYPE EXCLUDE-SUBTYPES)

It would be helpful to have some help in the manual about `&key'. I
more or less understand what it means after searching for
`should-error' uses, but it would help if it was documented next to
`&rest' and `&optional'. I presume it is a CL extension?

Paul

* Re: Document `&key'
@ 2016-05-09 20:04 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2016-05-09 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> I stumbled upon the following function definition in a help buffer:
>     (should-error FORM &rest KEYS &key TYPE EXCLUDE-SUBTYPES)

> It would be helpful to have some help in the manual about `&key'. I
> more or less understand what it means after searching for
> `should-error' uses, but it would help if it was documented next to
> `&rest' and `&optional'. I presume it is a CL extension?

It's an extension from cl-lib, so it's not part of Emacs Lisp itself.

It's documented in the CL manual.