* invisible text and navigation commands
@ 2017-10-01 19:21 Paul Pogonyshev
From: Paul Pogonyshev @ 2017-10-01 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

My mode implements filtering in a read-only buffer by attaching `invisible'
property to text chunks and then modifying `buffer-invsibility-spec'
variable. This way I can hide/show large pieces of text pretty much
instantly and without modifying anything. However, I noticed that commands
like M-f etc. still "see through" the hidden text and will stop at points
where something is hidden.

Question: is it somehow possible to make M-f and so on (of course, for
interactive use only) ignore invisible text completely, as if it was not
there at all? If not, could such a feature be implemented in future?

Paul