On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 4:27 PM Ole Laursen wrote: > Hi! > > I realized the other day that search and replace in Emacs isn't very > interactive when a coworker showed me another editor he was > experimenting with. What he somehow did there seemed like something > Emacs would do when query-replacing, only it doesn't. > > Search and replace has three phases: > > - Enter search term > - Enter replacement term > - Confirmation > > Only confirmation is interactive in Emacs. > > The search phase could move the cursor and highlight all matches as > you type, just like isearch. Then we can see what we're about to > overwrite. > Looks like the multiple-cursors package ( https://github.com/magnars/multiple-cursors.el ) will do it. It's available via Melpa. -- Kaushal Modi