On Thu, Nov 23, 2017, 10:54 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > We could remove the defconst, but just removing it is not enough, > because that would also remove its doc string. So we will have to do > something else in order to keep that special file name documented > (e.g., so that "M-x apropos-documentation" would find it). I'm not > sure we should invest such an effort: after all, what's there does > work, so why fix that which ain't broken? > .. because the documentation is incorrect. The dir-locals-file-2 variable is useless at this point. I am volunteering to remove references to dir-locals-file-2 everywhere and mention the "-2.el" file instead in dir-locals-file doc-string and other places where dir-locals-file-2 is currently mentioned. > -- Kaushal Modi