If the discussion is on the usefulness of vc-region-history, then it has been very useful for me. Coincidentally, just yesterday, I bound that command to "C-x v H" in my config, after I realized that I had been doing M-x vc-region-history for a few dozen times. I always wondered why this command was not bound to the "C-x v" map, and have also created a little patch for master branch to add that binding. On Sat, Jul 9, 2016, 3:04 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > That's very far from my experience. I frequently need to investigate > fragments of code which have very long histories, and "log -L" always > gives me the full picture, even when the code in question changed > significantly, right to the commit that first introduced the code. > > Perhaps the secret is in choosing the appropriate region. I normally > try to submit the entire function where the code lives, and it works > very well. > -- -- Kaushal Modi