On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM Robert Weiner wrote: > On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Kaushal Modi > wrote: > >> I wrote: This could just be an alias as well if all of the other shell >>> related commands start with shell-. >>> >> >> I have "^shell" instead of just "shell", so it shows me only the commands >> that begin with "shell". Once I have that list, I pick one and hit return. >> That's it. >> > > A > ​propos accepts regular expressions as well, so you don't need counsel to > get similar behavior. As I said, one of the command names could start with > shell-. > As I said, it's preference. I meant to emphasize this in my previous email: I prefer: *Once I have that list, I pick one and hit return. That's it.* I like the speed: http://i.imgur.com/OP1RR8c.gifv rather than: 1. M-x apropos-command (or C-h a) 2. Find the command I want after scrolling through a possible multi-page buffer 3. M-x command-I-found 4. Repeat 1-2 till I find the right command -- Kaushal Modi