If I do C-x 5 f, a new frame opens if needed (if I have only one frame to begin with). But if I do C-x 9 f, the buffer opens in a second frame only if I have 2 frames to begin with. If I had just one frame open, C-x 9 f seems to do nothing. Is that by design? If not, I can debug my config. On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 5:50 PM Stefan Monnier wrote: > > ;; FIXME: This is basically the union of the default C-x 4 and C-x 5 > > ;; keymaps in Emacs-25. > > Is the point of this FIXME: that eventually this could replace the C-x 4 > > and C-x 5 keymaps? > > Good question. I think it was a mistake. I probably started to write > "FIXME:" because I wanted to document the problem of the "dwim" > commands, which are somewhat ugly, but then I went ahead and wrote > those dwim commands and decided it wasn't that bad. So the end result > is a doc that isn't really a FIXME but which starts with "FIXME:". > > > - Why is (remove-hook 'pre-command-hook #'ofw--reset-prefix) before the > > 'if', instead of in the else branch? > > I like to write minor modes such that they always begin by cleaning up > first and then, if requested, adding what needs to be added. > I think in the case of global hooks it makes no difference, but for > a few other cases it avoids adding stuff twice or having to check > whether the mode was already enabled or something. > > > Stefan > >