* redirection of help output to a separate buffer in comint (python)
@ 2016-03-30 14:03 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2016-03-30 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

When I type "help('foo')" in the Python interaction buffer, the help
output appears in the "*Help(Python)*" buffer instead of the comint
buffer itself (and, yes, this is the desired behavior).

However, I cannot figure out what code implements it.

E.g., when I do

(defun python-describe-at-point (symbol process)
  (interactive (list (python-info-current-symbol)
                     (python-shell-get-process)))
  (comint-send-string process (concat "help('" symbol "')\n")))

the help is displayed in the comint buffer, not the *Help(Python)*
buffer.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS. I thought that `comint-redirect-*' would be used, but it appears
that it is not.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) X 11.0.11702000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://palestinefacts.org http://iris.org.il

* Re: redirection of help output to a separate buffer in comint (python)
@ 2016-03-30 14:59 ` Vitalie Spinu
From: Vitalie Spinu @ 2016-03-30 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Steingold; +Cc: emacs-devel

Isn't this python-x.el package?