2017-11-10 21:46 GMT+01:00 Stefan Monnier : > > They _will_ want to add it to PATH if they want to install packages > > from the likes of ELPA, which frequently come with Makefiles that > > invoke Emacs to compile the Lisp files. > > For lack of familiarity with the Windows world, I don't know if typical > Windows users will want to add it to PATH (as a GNU/Linux user, of > course I'd do that), but I think the "frequently" above is incorrect. > Makefiles ? But the average Windows user does not have a make.exe program on his machine and does not even know what it is used for. (Admittedly, an Emacs user is probably not an average Windows user). Fabrice