2017-11-13 23:25 GMT+01:00 Phillip Lord : > Fabrice Popineau writes: > > > Hmm ... besides copying the whole Emacs directory on an usb stick, > > what else do I need to do in order to use emacs from this stick on > > another computer ? > > Well, a cute installer and downloader. And updater and > launcher. PortableApps is just nice and easy. > > What for ? Sincerely, I don't see what it brings. The best portable program is the one you can install with unzip. And it is already the case for Emacs. But if people want bells and whistles ...