2017-03-18 15:27 GMT+01:00 Andreas Politz : > Fabrice Popineau writes: > > > Maybe a stupid question but if emacs is compiled with ImageMagick > support, > > what is the point in asking JPEG, PNG, etc support at the same time from > independent libraries ? > > Shouldn't configure made those options to be exclusive ? > > Imagemagick is handled like an image type, so png and imagemagick are > two different types. One uses libpng as backend and the other > libmagick. My point is that only one of imagemagick and libpng will handle png files at a time. When ImageMagick is available, it supersedes png, jpeg and anything it handles (AFAICS). If you want to let libpng handle png files, you need to change some defaults (imagemagick-filter-types, etc.) > > Also what is (are) the drawback(s) of ImageMagick support vs the other > libraries ? > > In my experience, libpng is faster then imagemagick. Ok, that is understandable. Fabrice