Le dim. 19 janv. 2020 à 23:20, Stefan Monnier a écrit : > >> > .... scrolling through an elisp buffer: I started the timer by hand > and > >> > scrolled down for 1000 lines .... > [...] > >> .... and it took 45s on Windows/WSL and 35s on Windows/native. > > 1000 lines divided by 45s is about 22 lines per second. > If you did that with `C-n` it suggests you're simply using a keyboard > repeat rate of about 20 repetitions-per-second and Emacs is just neither > fast nor slow. 35s on native suggests the keyboard repeat rate is > (surprisingly) different, more like 30 repetitions-per-second. > > If Emacs is slow in such a test, you'll notice because it will stop > refreshing the display at times (hoping that skipping the redisplay time > will help it keep up with the repeat rate). > If I posted this, it is because looking at it, the cursor was like jumping from line to line, but it doesn't seem steady. Actually, I changed some setting to get a faster autorepeat and emacs keeps up when the time is down to 16s for 1000 lines, more than twice as fast. Best regards, Fabrice