Thanks for the tips, I will try it out. Since I can't reproduce it at will, I'm not sure when I'll secure the redisplay traces. >> The place to start is in cedet/semantic/idle.el. The outward >> call to the various work functions purposely does not use >> 'save-excursion' so tools like completion can move things around >> for you. > > Or maybe I don't understand what he meant. I have seen the undesired scrolling with global-semantic-idle-completions-mode disabled. Specifically, with these Semantic submodes: (setq semantic-default-submodes '(global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode global-semanticdb-minor-mode global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode global-cedet-m3-minor-mode))