Thanks for the precision and sorry for confusion. Matthias Le mer. 26 juil. 2023, 15:14, Michael Albinus a écrit : > Matthias Meulien writes: > > Hi Matthias, > > >> In that case, we _definitely_ must call expand-file-name, and using > >> relative file names without that is asking for trouble. > > > > Why not try to be compliant with the called API? According to the > > Desktop Notification specification the Notify method support image path > > being file URIs or in a freedesktop.org-compliant icon theme (see > > > https://specifications.freedesktop.org/notification-spec/notification-spec-latest.html#icons-and-images > ). > > Sending an image_path instead of app_icon as file:/// URL is just an > implementation detail. The `notifications-notify' API supports > the :image-path argument if users are willing to use it. > > :app-icon can still be either a file name or an icon name. We must > distinguish relative file names from image names; that's what this > thread is about. Alternatively, we could allow only icon names with the > :app-icon argument, but this wouldn't be backward compatible. > > > Being able to specify an icon with its name name according to Icon > > Naming Specification (see > > > https://specifications.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/latest/ar01s04.html > ) > > is useful since file path vary depending on the OS! > > This is not true for relative file names. > > Best regards, Michael. >