Simple precision: I am not the author of the quoted text. Matthias Le mar. 7 mars 2023, 12:27, Jostein Kjønigsen a écrit : > Matthias Meulien [2023-03-01 08:46 +0100] wrote: > > Emacs 29 introduces a toml-ts-mode based on > > text-mode. I'm not sure how intentional/desirable that is, so at risk > of blowing this thread out of proportion I'm copying in Jostein as well. > > Thanks, > > > Hey. > > Author of toml-ts-mode here. > > I originally implemented it as a prog-mode derived mode (because for the > same reasons as reiterated above, that made sense to me). > > I was however asked by the more senior Emacs maintainers to make it > text-mode instead. > > So while it was not my decision, I'd just like to point out that there > *was* a decision-making process involved when text-mode was decided. > > If someone were to change this back to prog-mode before we ship Emacs 29, > I would have no objections to that, but I have no authority to mandate such > a change either :) > > -- > Jostein >