I don't have anything to say about the process of moving it into the core, but it's fine with me if you all decide to do that. I don't have much time these days to contribute, however. Justin On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 9:47 PM Stefan Monnier wrote: > > That's easy; there is a lisp/erc directory in the master emacs git > > repository. Apparently someone syncs the code between there and ELPA. > > Not really: the GNU ELPA packages are generated from code kept in the > `elpa.git` repository, but it can also use the code in Emacs itself > (i.e. in the `master` branch of the `emacs.git` repository), which is > what happens for ERC, Python, and a few more, whose "upstream" is > Emacs's own repository. > > > There are also "core" ELPA packages; the code resides in the emacs > > master repository, but the ELPA server also packages it. I think the > > only examples of those are single-file, but it should work for > > multi-file as well. > > It's not limited to single-file packages. > The ERC package is one of those. > > > Stefan > >