Eli thanks you for the information. will test that. I found a bug regarding the line-number-current-line face. Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/I2sneeL.png I'm using this configuration for relative visual numbers: (custom-set-variables ... '(display-line-numbers 'visual) ...) And here's my setup for the faces: ;; MODE SUPPORT: line numbers and relative line numbers (line-number (:inherit 'highlight-numbers-number)) (line-number-current-line (:foreground gruvbox-neutral_red)) In my testing, I found that when point is on line 1, everything is fine. As you go down line by line, the line-number-current-face skips ahead by one so by the time point is on line 10, line-number-current-line face is really acting on a number 9 lines below what should be the current line. On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Filipe Silva > > Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 07:57:10 -0300 > > Cc: Eli Zaretskii , Emacs developers > > > > When working with really large files, 10k+ lines long, having the > current line display the abs line number can > > feel "to much" because all lines have max 2 number and the current line > has 5 number so the fringe has to > > grow extra 3 columns just to acommodate the current abs line number of > the current line. > > > > Would it be possible to have like a toggle mechanism to switch the > current line number of the current line from > > abs to nothing or even to zero? that'd be a great addition to this > already awesome feature. > > You can customize display-line-numbers-current-absolute to do what you > want. > > Thank you for the feedback. >