Hello, all I'm nervous to send this first message to this emacs-devel. I want to ask you to add leaf [1] to GNU Elpa. leaf allows users to configure packages declaratively, without being confused by the idioms for package configuration. Yes. This was definitely inspired by jweigley's use-package [2]. But use-package fails to design DSL and handlers, and leaf is more flexible and more uniformly configured. If you're interested in comparing it to use-package, see here [3]. jweigley had also joined the discussion. The big point is that my leaf originally asked contributors to sign on to become GNU sources, while use-package can't register with GNU ELPA due to copyright issues. [4] I don't see any technical difficulties for my leaf to be registered with GNU Elpa. My concern is that it doesn't have info-ized documentation like other Emacs standard attachment packages. If you need an info-ized document to register, please let me know. Also, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. [1]: https://github.com/conao3/leaf.el [2]: https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package [3]: https://github.com/conao3/leaf.el/issues/257 [4]: https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package/issues/282#issuecomment-624250623