(I used to send Email from gnus, but I have already lost my gnus settings and will reply from Gmail. I hope I get it right.) > There was talk of integrating leaf into use-package a year ago. Nothing is going on with integrating leaf and use-package as no one is working on it. Honestly, I don't like use-package because it has surprising behavior that often seems nosy. That is why leaf was created, to organize/reduce the features that use-package has and to give user a better interface, which is why it cannot be integrated. On the other hand, I agree that leaf has a puzzling internal structure. It has huge conditional branches directly in a list, dynamically generating S-expressions and eval'ing them. This structure makes debugging difficult and adding new features difficult for new people. (I can do it, though.) This is why I am hesitant to have it standardized in Emacs. In summary, the functionality that use-package already provides should be sorted out because it contains magic. The interface provided by leaf is pretty, but it has a puzzling internal structure. I would support a third use-package that should come standard with Emacs, if there is one. And some people said that the name "LEAF" is a bad name. Hopefully the third use-package will have a better name. 2022年10月10日(月) 5:16 Stefan Kangas : > Philip Kaludercic writes: > > > Do you remember what thread that was, the only one I remember is > > > https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/20201008.103747.1339582189858984269.conao3@gmail.com/ > . > > Yes, that's the one I'm thinking of. > > I think you want to start reading at: > > https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/CADwFkm=mSZHeKf0=G7rXhOKOqSxOYWwOQfUv8=7fZWEaDOCTKg@mail.gmail.com/ >