Stefan Kangas writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> If this is performant enough, I don't at the moment see any reason to >> have it in C. Of course, the few places that call Flookup_key from C >> will need to be analyzed whether they need to call the internal >> function or the Lisp wrapper, and modified accordingly. > > OK. I will write up the patch and do some benchmarks. Turns out this was actually easier and faster to just do in C, as there were less places that needed changing. See the attached diff. The thing that is missing now is converting Foo\ Bar to foo-bar, but what is the best method for doing that from C? Should I just call out to `string-replace' or is there a better way?