Dmitry Gutov writes: > It would be nice to have a set of general purpose icons available in > ELPA, or ever in the core. For this and other purposes. Yup. Have a look at the attached quick mock-up of how things could look if we would use Material icons for the tool-bar as an example. > For now I'm using vscode's ones (under CC BY 4.0), but I'm guessing it > won't be good for Emacs's image to migrate to that wholesale. True. all-the-icons.el has some links to other freely licensed sets. Could one of them be a suitable replacement?